About the project
History Of GenerationS
Competition of business plans
The competition of tech business plans was launched in Russia in 2003. The concepts of partner competition — MIT $100K and MassChallenge were the foundation for our project
RVC organized the first accelerator of tech startups under the GenerationS brand, which immediately received widespread response from entrepreneurs. 1593 participating teams received tuition in the basics of entrepreneurship and attained the skills of financial management and teamwork.
- The first Russian accelerator at the federal level
- Education on technological entrepreneurship
GenerationS started to specialize by industry. We became the first multi-industry accelerator in Russia, and one of the first ones in Europe. The first industry tracks were: Industrial, BiotechMed, Cleantech, and IT, within the priorities of national economic development
- The first in Russia multi-industry accelerator
The launch of first line of corporate accelerators. First industry tracks partners were corporations that wanted to implement innovations in their business processes. Startup participants received an opportunity to launch pilots together with the largest players on the market.
- The platform to develop corporate acceleration instruments
GenerationS secured its position as the largest platform to develop corporate acceleration in Russia. Around 20 largest companies and development institutions became partners of the program.
- Federal platform to develop corporate acceleration
- Number of applications from startups increased by 78%
- For the first time, we organized a pre-accelerator – a development program for startups at early stages
- 69 alumni are working with corporations
GenerationS became an instrument of National Technological Initiative (NTI) workgroups to find innovative projects for their roadmaps. The market-specific workgroups also selected projects inside industry tracks.
- 70% of startups achieve sales after graduating from the acceleration program
- 27% of the startups graduating from GenerationS attract investment
- 73 startups are now expanding their businesses on an international scale
- 25 startups became participants of international acceleration programs after graduating from GenerationS
- 3 specialized NTI workgroup nominations emerged: HealthNet, MariNet, and NeuroNet
GenerationS strengthened the focus on corporates. Instead of industry tracks, GenerationS launched specialized corporate accelerators with dedicated selection criteria and startup development programs.
- A lineof corporate accelerators tailored to specific partners needs
- Acceleration programs for international corporations
- Pilots launch and projects implementing
Managing Director of GenerationS Corporate Accelerator
- 10 years of experience with innovation and investment projects.
- "the Best Manager in the sphere of innovation business" in the first independent awards for business women "Charmous" (2017).
- Course "From theory to practice technological entrepreneurship", University of California, Berkeley.
Project manager - evaluation
- 5 years experience in business analytics, strategic consulting and project management.
Worked for large and local companies in Russia and the UK.
- Master of Business and Management, National Research University “Higher School of Economics”