About the project
History of GenerationS
Business plan competition
A competition for tech business plans was launched in Russia in 2003. The concepts of partner competition — MIT $100K and MassChallenge were the foundations for our project
RVC organized the first tech startup accelerator under the GenerationS brand, which immediately received widespread response from entrepreneurs. There were 1,593 participating teams that received tuition for the basics of entrepreneurship and acquired financial management and teamwork skills.
- The first Russian accelerator at the federal level
- Education on technological entrepreneurship
GenerationS began to specialize by industry. We became the first multi-industry accelerator in Russia, and one of the first in Europe. The first industry tracks were: Industrial, BiotechMed, Cleantech, and IT, within the national economic development priorities
- The first multi-industry accelerator in Russia
The launch of first line of corporate accelerators. The first industry track partners were corporations that wanted to implement innovations in their business processes. Startup participants had an opportunity to launch pilots together with the largest players on the market.
- A platform to develop corporate acceleration instruments
GenerationS secured its position as the largest platform to develop corporate acceleration in Russia. About 20 of the largest companies and development institutions became partners with the program.
- Federal platform to develop corporate acceleration
- The number of applications from startups increased by 78%
- For the first time, we organized a pre-accelerator – a development program for early-stage startups
- 69 alumni are working with corporations
GenerationS became an instrument of National Technological Initiative (NTI) workgroups to find innovative initiatives for their roadmaps. The market-specific workgroups also selected projects within certain industry tracks.
- 70% of startups achieve sales after graduating from the acceleration program
- 27% of the startups graduating from GenerationS attract investment
- 73 startups are now expanding their businesses on an international scale
- 25 startups participated in international acceleration programs after graduating from GenerationS
- 3 specialized NTI workgroup nominations emerged: HealthNet, MariNet, and NeuroNet
GenerationS strengthened the focus on corporates. Instead of industry tracks, GenerationS launched specialized corporate accelerators with dedicated selection criteria and startup development programs.
- A line of corporate accelerators tailored to specific partners needs
- Acceleration programs for international corporations
- Pilot launches and project implementations
Managing Director of GenerationS Corporate Accelerator
- 10 years of experience with innovation and investment projects.
- "the Best Manager in the sphere of innovation business" in the first independent awards for business women "Charmous" (2017).
- Course "From theory to practice technological entrepreneurship", University of California, Berkeley.
Project manager - evaluation
- 5 years of experience in business analytics, strategic consulting and project management.
Worked for large and local companies in Russia and the UK.
- Master of Business and Management, Higher School of Economics, National Research University